Fatherly Stuff: Get your #DropShopAndOil on with Pennzoil and Walmart!

Feb 10, 2015

Get your #DropShopAndOil on with Pennzoil and Walmart!



 This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DropShopAndOil #CollectiveBias


Out of all families we know, I’d definitely say that we travel the most. We live in Connecticut, but I’m from New Jersey and my wife is from Maine. This means that we are always making plans to go to and from our respective home states to visit family so we can be there for as many birthdays, weddings and other assorted celebrations as possible. Our boys are still young, so our favorite strategy for getting a leg up on our excursions starting our trips at night around their bedtime, so we can reduce the amount of crankiness that could potentially sidetrack us. Another tool we use to keep the kids upbeat is our portable DVD player. If the kids aren't sleeping and we have a ways to go, we'll simply pop in one of their favorite movies to keep them thoroughly entertained. Since we spend so much time together on the road, having a car that's safe, reliable and well maintained is super important for us. Sometimes however, the hectic demands of family and work can make it difficult to get the things that we need done before our big trips. Fortunately for me, Walmart has figured out a way to make life a little easier with having their Automotive Care center attached right to their store.




These days, Walmart has truly become a one stop shop.  I really enjoyed the fast and  super friendly service at the Auto Care center. As an insanely busy parent, I really appreciate the fact that I was able to hit 2 (or 3, or 4) birds with one stone because not only did I get my oil change before our next  trip to Maine, I took care of all our food shopping and other miscellaneous errands as well.

The brand that I chose for the oil change is Pennzoil, mainly because their products are known to help clean out sludge lesser oils leave behind. Penzoil is designed for complete protection and will allow you to drive an extra of 550 miles per year vs. a dirty engine. Indeed, no other motor oil provides better protection from friction.
The specific type of Pennzoil depends on the condition of your car:







Platinum (synthetic motor oil) – Best cleanliness and protection in the Pennzoil line-up. With PurePlus™ Technology, the Platinum® motor oil is proven to keep pistons up to 40% cleaner than the toughest industry standard. PurePlus™ Technology is a revolutionary process that converts natural gas into a 99.5% pure base oil.








High Mileage Vehicle – Helps to reduce leaks and oil consumption in worn or higher mileage engines. It's a motor oil that is specifically designed for new or late model vehicles with over 75,000 miles, to help keep the engines running clean and going strong for a long time.
 





Conventional Motor Oil – A traditional oil base, fortified with Active Cleaning Agents™ to continuously prevent dirt and contaminants from creating performance-robbing deposits.









Over the years I’ve definitely put quite a few miles on the car, so I went with the High Mileage Vehicle brand to ensure optimal efficiency.

When were on the road, it’s great to know our car that is carrying our peacefully sleeping children is in tip top shape, thanks to Pennzoil and the Automotive Care center at Walmart. Knowing that my car is well taken care of is a huge weight off of my shoulders and allows me to focus of the awesome trip that’s ahead of us.

So, I've told you guys about a couple ways that I keep my kids occupied during road trips, now tell me about yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment